Re: [LUG] Cheap tablet

On Sat, 25 Feb 2017, Neil via list wrote:

If anyone on the list can come up with some ideas/suggestions I would be grateful.

I used to have a cheap tablet. Won't be buying one again. Actually unlikely to buy any sort of tablet, however...

On a recent trip to India, I took my phone - a (Google) Nexus 6 "Phablet" size phone. I got that after being frustrated with my cheap tablet. I already had a Nexus 5, so thought about a new bigger/faster tablet or the "phablet" platform. I went for the latter. I have not missed the tablet one little bit.

I also took my old Acer Aspire One netbook which was handy for doing some coding on, but the phone was just as good for email and web stuff.

I use my phone every day - it's value for money. I didn't use the tablet very much - I suspect that had I bought one I might have tried to make use of it, but at the end of the day it would gather more dust than not.

I doubt I'll ever get another tablet, but if I do, it will be a Google one. Fed-up with vendors putting their own rubbish/themes/apps. on-top of a perfectly good OS.

Gordon