Re: [LUG] Soldering @ Paignton ... Re: Retro computers at the Paignton Tech Jam ...

On 17/02/17 11:03, Gordon Henderson via list wrote:
> On Fri, 17 Feb 2017, Paul Sutton via list wrote:
>
>> I am hoping to meet with the library manager later on,  so will ask
>> about soldering,   i need to ask about how we can store stuff from room
>> 14, children's university and a few other things.
>
> Ask about soldering demonstrations and supervised sessions. (Because
> that's what it would be).

I asked and Eleanor (library manager) wasn;'t sure, but will talk to her
manager,  I did say that most of the people soldering had lots of
experience with this.

1.   We need to do a risk assessment on the activity,   I would propose
a 2 part  one,

one for Adults soldering and the other for adults supervising children /
young people soldering,

if there is an issue with the latter we can at least get the former,
well hopefully.

Given the experience we have between us,   then i can't see that much of
an issue.

I also think we can do this within a specific time frame at a jam,  we
sign up to the session and anyone under 18 needs a signed consent
form,   red tape galore but lets cover everything.

Paul