Re: [LUG] Retro computers at the Paignton Tech Jam ...

On 13/02/17 14:03, M. J. Everitt via list wrote:
On 12/02/17 21:45, Paul Sutton via list wrote:
On 12/02/17 21:22, Gordon Henderson via list wrote:
On Sun, 12 Feb 2017, Paul Sutton wrote:

I need to put a photo of that on the website in the mean time, there is
a write up here http://torbaytechjam.org.uk/home/feb2017writeup next jam
11th March.
Cheers, Paul.

I'm thinking of bringing along some Arduino stuff next month and
demonstrate an alternative way to program them - if there's any interest.

(I've develped my own system that's completely independant of the
"Arduino" way of doing things - it uses standard Makefiles and my own
written from scratch task scheduller)

what's the isse with soldering? ie. Why can't we?

Gordon

Sounds interesting,  I know they have a new IDE (software) and the Web
based one,

I think some of the young people are into arduino,  as well as harley,
me, and Robin has one,  Sebastian has one if he comes.

re soldering

I am not sure if we are covered for soldering in the insurance, plus
ideally we need a few bigish bits of wood or soldering mats so the
tables don't get damaged.

Usually its a 'hot work permit' a la Health and Safety nonsense. I
brought my soldering iron down yesterday, and would have done anything
necessary in the boot of my car in the car park if necessary. It's the
usual way ....

I'll have the standard IDE using processing on my laptop if anyone
needs. I can even download via my phone if required.

MJE

I am hoping to meet with the library manager later on, so will ask about soldering, i need to ask about how we can store stuff from room 14, children's university and a few other things.ÂÂ

I think if we had some wood it would protect the tables it only needs to be a small piece of thin wood so that is 1, 2) would be work near the window, (you have ventilation, and reduces the chance of the fire alarms going off), so it makes sense) 3) we are doing this as adults with experience so nothing is going to go wrong.ÂÂÂÂ

Paul