Re: [LUG] Linux Training

On 14/02/17 15:07, Joseph Bennie wrote:

you know mac is BSD Unix? with a HURD inspired open source Micro Kernel called
Darwin....  were not talking macos7 ... which was like 1987!

They are epic open source developer machines.  its only the windowing environment
thats proprietary, and even then there is an X server so if you prefer you could run
GNOME and build apps the UNIX way... not that you ever would!

Yes, I did know that. Still, having a nearly new desktop I couldn't justify a new machine, even if I wanted one.

Neil