Re: [LUG] System down...

On 28/05/16 17:27, Adrian Midgley wrote:
> System Up.
>
> 4.5 kernel, rebuilt Nvidia driver (not the most recent version, the
> proved working one from before) and 4 monitor X desktop again.
>
> Terry Pratchett on being asked why he had 6 screens over his desk
> replied Because there isn't room for 8!

Good news! So for prosperity (and potentially googlers finding their way
to the mailing list archive with similar problems) can you tell us
exactly what the fix was? I'm presuming you did fix it as well, i.e.,
resurrected the existing system rather than rebuilt from scratch.

Was that final switching the /boots around and reinstall grub from a
chroot the eventual answer?

Glad you fixed it either way :]

Cheers