Re: [LUG] System down...

On 27/05/16 21:50, Adrian Midgley wrote:
> It is educational, but risks being zapped and reinstalled, I have some
> pictures to edit.
>
> Should fstab contain a line mounting the EFI partition onto / IE
> /dev/sda2/boot/efi ?

I have an Arch system with EFI enabled, and it does indeed mount via
fstab the sda1 vfat partition as /boot. It's contents are:

[ghost@archipelago ~]$ ls -alh /boot
total 26M
drwxr-xr-x  4 root root 4.0K Jan  1  1970 .
drwxr-xr-x 17 root root 4.0K Mar 20 20:28 ..
drwxr-xr-x  4 root root 4.0K Dec 10  2013 EFI
-rwxr-xr-x  1 root root  18M May 15 20:01 initramfs-linux-fallback.img
-rwxr-xr-x  1 root root 3.4M May 15 20:01 initramfs-linux.img
drwxr-xr-x  3 root root 4.0K Mar 15  2014 loader
-rwxr-xr-x  1 root root 4.3M May 11 21:23 vmlinuz-linux

Only one kernel and fallback installed, but that seems to be normal for
Arch. Mine also uses gummiboot instead of grub so there's not a 1:1
comparison against your grub/Debian instance unfortunately.

Think you're definitely on to something with the two sets of /boot you
have - if you chroot in again, move the boot folder from your sda2 root
elsewhere temporarily and then manually mount sda1 to /boot within the
chroot before updating grub you may well get further.

Cheers