Re: [LUG] System down...

It is educational, but risks being zapped and reinstalled, I have some pictures to edit.

Should fstab contain a line mounting the EFI partition onto / IE /dev/sda2/boot/efi ?

On Friday, 27 May 2016, mr meowski <mr.meowski@xxxxxxxx> wrote:
On 27/05/16 20:34, Adrian Midgley wrote:
> Up in recovery mode.
> Still an unhappy computer.

I'd take it and fix it for free just because this sort of thing
personally offends me - I hate a broken computer. Unfortunately I blew
all my free time last night and am stuck working flat out for the rest
of the bank holiday weekend, lucky me.

In principle you should be able to blow away the useless EFI sda1 and
extend your / partition over it's empty space to become the new sda1,
disable UEFI, CSM and anything secureboot related and then redo the
chroot trick to install a clean non-EFI grub2 to the MBR... but
considering how tricky this has proved to be so far I expect it may turn
out to be a bit more involved than that.

Back to considerably less intriguing problems for me now sadly.

Cheers

Adrian Midgley  http://defoam.net/ Âhttp://photo.defoam.net/