Re: [LUG] System down...

I'd found that page.
There is something odd and complicated about the efi/EFI paths around boot and BOOT.

I forget why I have UEFI anyway, I assume the installer suggested it back when I rebuilt the system.

I suppo it'll actually work with BIOS?

Poking around I have /boot with two kernel setups in it but don't seem to have grub-install grub2-install

On Thursday, 26 May 2016, mr meowski <mr.meowski@xxxxxxxx> wrote:
On 26/05/16 23:10, Adrian Midgley wrote:
> Did that.
> Two kernels 3 and 4 series.
> Backed out carefully and rebooted.
>
> Display of only one kernel, same as before, and boot failure as before.
>
> I need to reinstall GRUB I suspect.

This is getting trickier then, but you can largely follow the same
procedure with an extra reference to this useful page:

https://wiki.debian.org/GrubEFIReinstall

That should sort you out - otherwise, you may need to do some serious
messing around in the UEFI firmware deleting and re-adding EFI
variables. You won't like that much. Reinstalling after *disabling* UEFI
and resorting to old fashioned BIOS mode would probably be preferable at
that stage.

Cheers

Adrian Midgley  http://defoam.net/ Âhttp://photo.defoam.net/