Re: [LUG] System down...

On 26/05/16 21:03, Adrian Midgley wrote:
> Lets try to fix it.
> So, I need a USB drive rather than the installer DVD....
>
> That's the first little challenge.  Fortunately there are some other
> computers around.

Nope, you'll be ok with the DVD: as long as you can boot to a shell from
anything other than the internal disks you've got all you need. The
recovery environment must be able to get you online though, which can be
an issue with the Debian installer and certain wireless adaptors as they
don't ship restricted firmware on the standard image.

If you can boot to a root shell and get internet access you're good to go.

Cheers

* back on Thunderbird on Linux now after that unexplained hiccup thank
goodness. Thought it would be "funny" to subscribe to a Linux mailing
list with a Microsoft email account - joke's on me apparently...