Re: [LUG] Firefox v40 and Chrome

On Sat, 15 Aug 2015 11:03:27 +0100
Philip Whateley <philip.whateley@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Just come across this thread:
>
> I use FF 40 to access accounts at CAF Bank for the charity I work for
> with no problems.
>
> Historically I have also tried to use FF/Opera/Chrome/Chromium to
> access Lloyds accounts, but they ONLY worked with IE (even changing
> the user agent setting didn't work). Not tried it recently though, as
> we moved the account to CAF so we could access it online.
>
> Phil

I think I have solved it, for First Direct anyway. Logging on to FD
using my bookmark  brings up an opening  page with lots of choices,
including the only one I use, Internet Banking. A click on that brings
up the problem message, and I can't go any further.

Typing the URL in FF brings up a drop down menu with various choices.
One such choice is to go directly to the internet banking page.
Choosing that by-passes the first page described above and takes me
straight to the log in page for internet banking, and avoids the
problem  message. From there on all is as normal.

So that is now my bookmark, and I  am happy again,  especially as I can
forget all about installing chromium. Yay.

Neil