Re: [LUG] Firefox v40 and Chrome

On Thu, 13 Aug 2015, Brad Rogers wrote:

On Thu, 13 Aug 2015 14:17:20 +0100 (BST)
Gordon Henderson <gordon+lug@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Hello Gordon,

The latest Firefox v40 is clunky and bloaty. Even more clunky than

The main culprits seem to be Hello, Pocket, Reader & WebRTC.  I've
installed an add-on (titled Disable Hello, Pocket & Reader+) to disable
all four, and FF seems to be smoother.

Thanks.

I've disabled them in about:config - seems OK so-far.

I've no idea what they are - or had no idea. I've no idea why Mozilla
things they're a good idea.

It was getting to the point where it was stalling ever few words I was
typing into stupid web forms )-:

I guess the old idea of one program to do one thing and do it well has
well and truly gone out of the window...

Thanks,

Gordon