Re: [LUG] Firefox v40 and Chrome

On Thu, 13 Aug 2015 15:43:57 +0100 (BST)
Gordon Henderson <gordon+lug@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Hello Gordon,

>Thanks.

NP.

>I've no idea what they are - or had no idea. I've no idea why Mozilla
>things they're a good idea.

Likewise.  I couldn't even be bothered to find out too much about them;
I just noticed an icon in the url bar that I didn't recognise, and
wondered what it was for.   A quick search of the 'net came back with
results that boiled down to 'resource hogs'.  Still using a five y/o
dual core machine here and not too much RAM either.  CPU cycles count
for something here.

>It was getting to the point where it was stalling ever few words I was
>typing into stupid web forms )-:

I know how bloody frustrating that can be - think you've missed out a
few chars, then the buffer dumps a load of cack into the text gadget.
Grrrrr.....

>I guess the old idea of one program to do one thing and do it well has
>well and truly gone out of the window...

Depends on how you define 'do one thing', I suppose.  One /could/ argue
that "the internet" is one thing and Ff should handle it all.  Like you,
I don't belong to that school of thought.

--
 Regards  _
If you ain't sticking your knives in me, you will be eventually