Re: [LUG] query. Home "NAS" Help please.

On Sun, 15 Mar 2015 11:01:18 +0000, Simon Avery <digdilem@xxxxxxxxx>
wrote:

>Yes - but trust between society and its governments has eroded quite a
>lot in recent decades. The individual has far more power and freedom
>in this information age - but at the same time, they have less power
>and fewer freedoms.. It's quite odd and I'm only glimpsing the edges
>of the problem and I certainly don't understand most of the
>implications.  The scary thing is, I don't believe governments do
>either.

Cameron's recent speech saying strong encryption is "bad" is a good
example of how ignorant the politicians really are. They would be quite
happy to undermine everyone's security even if it makes no
real difference to stopping terrorism which is such a small problem in
this country anyway when compared to other things.

Kevin