Re: [LUG] query. Home "NAS" Help please.

On 15 March 2015 at 10:51, Henry Bremridge <henry.bremridge@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

>Â Â Given the huge amount of publicity regarding government mandated
>Â Â surveillance of the public, and that what you describe above is probably
>Â Â going to be quite interesting to a number of governments; have you ever
>Â Â been aware of such interest in your work, or any covert activity regarding
>Â Â you or your communications?

For some countries, if the appropriate authorities wanted to see the

No less worrying are the inappropriateÂauthorities...
information they would ring and ask for it to be provided. And it would be.

The old "Do you want to do something for your country?" Â(Although nowadays, it's more likely to be "do you want to do something for another country, or a country we're supposedly allied to but have no democratic choices over")Â

Yes - but trust between society and its governments has eroded quite a lot in recent decades. The individual has far more power and freedom in this information age - but at the same time, they have less power and fewer freedoms.. It's quite odd and I'm only glimpsing the edges of the problem and I certainly don't understand most of the implications. The scary thing is, I don't believe governments do either.
Unless prior approval had been obtained.
http://xkcd.com/538/

:)