Re: [LUG] Monitoring my IP address data

On Tue, 13 Jan 2015 15:14:26 +0000
Tom <madtom1999@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Hello Tom,

>I refuse to turn things off and on again - I could restart the

Does seem a bit naff in this day and age, I know.  Sometimes though, it
seems to be the only way.

>connection from the router control but it turns out I'm not blocked -
>its one of BT's blocks of IP's further down the line!Tom te tom te tom

I find that restarting (even after a power outage) my router does not
get me a new IP.  I imagine it's because there's still equipment at the
exchange that retains the connection without releasing its hold on the
IP despite the 'disappearance' of my router's connection.

--
 Regards  _
Chose to play the fool in a six piece band