Re: [LUG] Monitoring my IP address data

On Tue, 13 Jan 2015, Tom wrote:

I've just tried to get onto a web site I infrequently use and been told my IP address has been banned. I've got a BT router - is there any way of checking my outgoing data to see if I've got something lurking on the inside trying to infect the world? It may be down to letting Xmas guests on my lan - I cant see anything at the moment?

Since you're on BT, just power cycle your router to get a new IP address.

I think they're force-changed every 24 hours anyway.

Gordon