Re: [LUG] Monitoring my IP address data

On 13/01/15 14:54, Gordon Henderson wrote:
On Tue, 13 Jan 2015, Tom wrote:

On 13/01/15 12:54, Simon Waters wrote:

On 2015-01-13 11:43, Martijn Grooten wrote:
Wearing my security hat, I think Tom is right to wonder if there is
something lurking on his computer, or his network, that caused the IP
ban. Such an issue obviously wouldn't be solved by getting a new IP
address.
With Martijn here.

If it doesn't show up in the list Martin suggested, Google the IP
address, and then ask the blacklist site which list they use.
<snip>
I cant get in touch with the website - I'm blocked!
Sent an email to info/admin@ ... but no response
I cant find me being blocked anywhere so maybe my IP just changed -
but still cant get on the site!

Check this:

   https://www.google.co.uk/#q=whats+my+ip

Turn your router off, count to 10, then on again.

and check

   https://www.google.co.uk/#q=whats+my+ip

again.

then check the site.

You're currently: 86.170.254.43 and you've had this IP since wednesday.

On the 6th of January, your IP address was: 86.131.241.160

The site will just have blocked one IP address (or a subnet if they're
being mean). You have a dynamic service from BT, today it's just
bad-luck that the IP address you have picked up was blocked by them -
possibly years ago, as long as you're sure it's not you.

Turn it off and back on again.

Gordon
I refuse to turn things off and on again - I could restart the connection from the router control but it turns out I'm not blocked - its one of BT's blocks of IP's further down the line!Tom te tom te tom

Tom te tom te tom