Re: [LUG] Monitoring my IP address data

On 2015-01-13 11:43, Martijn Grooten wrote:
Wearing my security hat, I think Tom is right to wonder if there is
something lurking on his computer, or his network, that caused the IP
ban. Such an issue obviously wouldn't be solved by getting a new IP
address.
With Martijn here.

If it doesn't show up in the list Martin suggested, Google the IP address, and then ask the blacklist site which list they use.

Last time I was blocking someone from my server their company had the Zeus trojan on their network (behind same NAT device).

Also a lot of router malware around at the moment, although most of it needs access to the web interface to get started. Most of it doesn't need a password, it either just doesn't need a password to reflash your router or change the DNS settings, or it will use one of the other accounts you didn't know your router already had. Although not seen anything about BT routers yet if that is what is in use here, I haven't looked.

And yes I know of a whole bunch of issues with my own router, even though it has the latest firmware (Thanks TP-Link).

We were discussing only buying OpenWRT compatible routers the other day at work, since we could at least fix the issues then, but it is struggling to keep up with the hardware changes.