Re: [LUG] Satnavs

On Thu, Apr 03, 2014 at 01:48:40PM +0100, Anthony Williams wrote:

> This is what I use. It works really well, but you do have to download
> the complete map for the UK (or whatever country) before you start. IIRC
> it's a 200Mb download, which is not a 2-second job, and not something
> you want to do on the fly when you need it.

Not any more: you can download regions or by county. Works well

Have used it overseas: both Spain and Malta. Worked like a dream. Ok in
Spain I was using to find myself around the city on foot but in Malta I was
driving. Great not to have to worry about internet access

Now all I have to do is work out how to change road directions: the
backroutes around Kingskerswell have all changed with the new road

--
Henry
Communication not signed with an original manual signature or an appropriately