Re: [LUG] OT: Windows XP

On Sun, Feb 16, 2014 at 08:42:16PM +0000, Mark Evans wrote:
> > The level of weapon-grade anti-Microsoft FUD and pure stupidity
> > sometimes displayed on this list occasionally succeeds in making me
> > really, really cross. This is one of those occasions.
>
> Why should you care what anyone thinks about any company? Especially one
> based in a foreign country; who have been caught breaking the law more
> than once and with enough money and resources to "defend" themselves.

I think it rather a good habit to defend one's biggest enemy against
unfair accusations. The world would be a better place if we all did
that.

But I think the world would be an even better place if such defenses
would happen without making personal attacks.

Why it would matter that Microsoft's headquarters is based in the land
of the Duwamish tribe rather than that of the Dumnonii tribe I don't
understand.

That's just my two cents - I've still not used Windows 8. You've all
made me curious now. Let's see if I can get it running under VirtualBox.

Martijn.