Re: [LUG] Desktop Linux

On 30/12/13 11:51, Richard Brown wrote:
> Hi Guys
>
> t looks like I don't have the option of booting from a usb drive.
> When I look at boot device priority it says HDD or Network. Should
> there be an option for usb please? Is it possible to load the os onto
> the hd someway or if not looks like I need to get a dvd drive?
>
> Thanks

My old Duron 1600 doesn't have that option either in the bios or in the
boot menu, but I would guess if it is in the bios and enabled as a boot
device then it would show up in the boot device menu.

I am sure you could borrow a dvd drive from someone,  does the penzance
maker space have one http://openshed.org/ you could take it down there,
install the drive (if they have one) , install what you need then it's
done.

Paul