Re: [LUG] Desktop Linux

Hi Guys

Thanks for all the help. I bought the HP from Ebuyer and waiting for
it to arrive. Any thoughts on distro please? Also the HP comes with a
250gb hd. I was going to buy a couple of 1tb as well. Put the os on
the 250gb and then run data of the 1tb and mirror to the other 1tb.
Any thoughts on this please?

Thanks

On 25 December 2013 12:20, Julian Hall <linux@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> On 25/12/13 11:59, peter walker wrote:
>

> On 25 Dec 2013, at 11:56, Julian Hall <linux@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>
> On 25/12/13 11:35, peter walker wrote:
>

> On 25 Dec 2013, at 11:29, Daniel Robinson <manipula@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>
> Okay... Pretty sure the cheap one for sale at dabs and ebuyer specifly only
> 1 sata port. If i am wrong then I will consider the HP again.
>

> It might only have 1 SATA port but it has 4 hot swap bays in the front. You
> mount the disks in a plastic caddy.
>

> Daniel's right inasmuch as Ebuyer only list the single bay N54L, G2020T and
> G1610T - at least Ebuyer's descriptions say they only have one bay[1].  They
> don't stock the N36L or, it seems, any of the multi-bay servers.  However I
> think the mistake was in assuming all Microservers are the same, evidently
> not from the description of the N36L.
>

> http://www.ebuyer.com/430446-hp-proliant-g7-n54l-2-2ghz-microserver-ebuyer-704941-421
>
> "Up to four LFF SATA pluggable hard disks and up to 8 GB of RAM give you
> room to grow"
>
> £179 - £50 cashback if you buy now
>

> Ahh... beg pardon.. in the description at the top they say '1 x 250Gb HD..'
> which gives the misleading impression that's all it will take.  What it
> should says is something like '4 bays, 3 free, 1 with 250Gb HD'.. otherwise
> people trawling through many products not having time to read every detail
> might skip these believing the top line description.
>
> Julian
>
> --

---
Richard Brown