Re: [LUG] Desktop Linux

Hi Guys

On 29 December 2013 21:24, bad apple <mr.meowski@xxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Test the USB drive on another computer, to make sure that it is indeed a
> valid, bootable device. I'm assuming you followed the simple
> instructions on the FreeNAS pages to create the installer so it
> certainly should have worked.
>
> Presuming the USB drive has been created successfully, fiddle with the
> BIOS parameters to elevate the USB priority to maximum temporarily. Is
> it BIOS or UEFI?

It looks like I don't have the option of booting from a usb drive.
When I look at boot device priority it says HDD or Network. Should
there be an option for usb please? Is it possible to load the os onto
the hd someway or if not looks like I need to get a dvd drive?

Thanks
--
Richard Brown
Youth Worker