[ Date Index ]
[ Thread Index ]
[ <= Previous by date /
[ Next by date /
thread => ]
[LUG] Hardware Encrypted SD
- To: "list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
- Subject: [LUG] Hardware Encrypted SD
- From: Daniel Robinson <manipula@xxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Wed, 27 Nov 2013 23:00:32 +0000
- Delivered-to: dclug@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
- Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=gmail.com; s=20120113; h=mime-version:date:message-id:subject:from:to:content-type; bh=6tWTpgBeri+9eDuTq7RuHS1LJMSfpJVLYrTnKRg4hRk=; b=Yr+BCBXD1jhA4coj4hPJMSZXinKTscLrf0E6l3xw2BY1Mh6rnixVQnV6qlVljVODft jnAZ3OQDn8vhLvXG7It49AoGbF3i6qj4cH9HuSgO8wd5Ua1ABuzG1Y5I87R95bHVF3Et KmmdX1aD6SZn9UgBhhx7WZTOarTnlvGfs1gpzaMBJmClmHe36vhYCynVVKcy70EmGGle KQ09mEhUfIA7IeM8RM8VNfAyQTl3T+d0arHWGE/KyVJ+g9vbOUyoa/WMDnnXLvPsrKow gP3mwfjqfPxdT8v2jEfIAdsmpzXQG/KaQFxHdZmbLv25vI+KJYV/0F/8qzRhCjA199XN de3g==
I will be buying my very first Pi a week on Friday and one thing I would really like to have is an SD card that supports hardware level AES encryption.
My reasons for this is I would like to set up a mail server on the Pi and so would like to keep the data private and figure i'd probably get better performance if the encryption was done at a hardware level.
Does anybody know of such a product and do they exist? A quick google would suggest there is no such thing.
Has anyone done a software level encryption on a Pi and is there any noticeable decrease in performance?
Thanks in advance
The Mailing List for the Devon & Cornwall LUG