Re: [LUG] Rooting the Hudl

On Thu, 26 Sep 2013 12:18:38 +0100, lug@xxxxxx wrote:

> Why not just think of the tablet as a controller for your PC audio.
> GUI on the tablet, back-end on the PC, communicate over Wi-Fi.
>
> I use the XBMC remote control app on Android to control XBMC on a
> Raspberry Pi and it works really well and I don't imagine it took
> anything like 15 man years to develop.
>
> Kevin

I do this with XBMC on my phone (although I prefer the Yatse remote app),
it was part of the reason for getting a tablet, as I could leave it in the
lounge and not have to worry about digging my phone out :-) (also means I
can control XBMC on the kids PC too :-D).

I've been playing with XBMC on the Raspberry Pi and I'm really impressed.
One of the things I've been trying is Airplay on XBMC and I'm surprised how
well it works and how easy it is, even with Android (although it does
require a couple of apps to work).

Rob