Re: [LUG] Rooting the Hudl

I dunno… I just can’t get excited about a tablet made by Tesco’s…

And surely the marketing dept wouldn’t resist making it work like Ubuntu’s Amazon lens – every word you type goes through the Tescos system and surprise, surprise, next week’s Clubcard vouchers are for those things you were looking at recently…

Hmmm…

From: list-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:list-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Tom
Sent: 24 September 2013 18:14
To: list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [LUG] Rooting the Hudl

On 24/09/13 17:22, jvc260w wrote:

should be possiable but a few things we need to know.

is the bootloader unlocked - we need it unlocked to flash another OS like cyanogenmod(I have a xperia u with a locked bootloader ad im stuck on stock os :( )

is there a dev market out there - I don't know but best place to check is xda developers forum.

I know a guy that makes roms for the xperia Tipo, I can ask him if he will make us a Tesco hudl rom, prob be miui based cause that's what he does.

kevin your right android is based on Linux, well is Linux. it uses a Linux kernel, in fact most Linux commands will work on android.