Re: [LUG] Storm chasing / Surge Protection

On Sun, 4 Aug 2013 17:50:35 +0100
Henry Bremridge <henry.bremridge@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Hello Henry,

>I have lost all computers once to mains based surge, and it seems we

Not happened to me yet, but you never know when your number's up, as
they say.

>lose power for about 30 mins to an hour at least once a year. Not

Same here, but given that we're rural and power cabling is all overhead,
wind rain, and tree fall can all wreak havoc.

>really sure why: at least one was a silly b77777r down the road who did
>something that he should have asked a professional to do.

Hmmm.  There's always somebody that thinks they're better skilled than
they actually are.

>Ditto I have always find that cutting maintenance is a easy way to cut
>costs: until something breaks.

One customer recently stopped me midway through job because she said I
charge too much.  Fair enough, it's her call, after all.  But just
before I left I said " Remind me;  What was the first job you had me
do?"  I knew, of course:-  It was rectifying the bodge a previous (read:
cheaper) electrician had done.

--
 Regards  _
It's only the children of the ------- wealthy tend to be good looking