Re: [LUG] Storm chasing / Surge Protection

I met an electrician who indicated that the new building regs require surge protection in all new houses where supply is by overhead lines.

This is now installed at the main fuse box.

I was happy to pay for the installation as hopefully I have no longer have to buy individual surge protectors for computers (and also it covers the other miscellaneous electrical stuff)

See http://www.electricalreview.co.uk/features/8387-surges-get-the-regulation-treatment
http://www.theiet.org/forums/forum/messageview.cfm?catid=205&threadid=44460

If anyone wants to know the name of the electrician: please email offlist and I will provide details

--
Henry
Communication not signed with an original manual signature or an appropriately