Re: [LUG] Storm chasing / Surge Protection

On Sun, Aug 04, 2013 at 01:51:20PM +0100, Brad Rogers wrote:
On Sun, 4 Aug 2013 13:14:07 +0100
Henry Bremridge <henry.bremridge@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Hello Henry,

I met an electrician who indicated that the new building regs require
surge protection in all new houses where supply is by overhead lines.

Good to read about this.  Certainly worth undertaking.  I'll be
investigating soon.

{time passes}

Bloody hell!  The price!  The phrase "rip off" comes to mind.  However,
as they become more widely used, prices will, I hope, drop.

:)

Yes, £200 was the price I paid but I then compared it to:
- Getting new surge suppressors for the various computers, TV, router
- When he came in, he spotted that the boiler had not been earthed
- The simplicity of working out when I needed to replace a surge supressor

--
Henry
Communication not signed with an original manual signature or an appropriately