Re: [LUG] OT : Android phone crashing

On Sun, Aug 04, 2013 at 11:13:08AM +0100, Julian Hall wrote:
That is the correct legal recourse, however mobile phone shops have a reputation for stubbornly refusing to accept it. I was in one a couple of years ago and a lady came in with her phone and wanted it replaced as she was paying an insurance premium /to them/. They told her bluntly to send it back to the manufacturer. Predictably she pointed out she was paying /them/ her insurance premium not the manufacturer. They refused to budge so she left having told them forcibly she was canceling her insurance payments to them. However she did /not/ get what you Grant correctly say she was legally entitled to.

You and Martijn are legally in the right, but given their standard practice of refusing to cooperate I don't like Martijn's chances of success.

http://www.which.co.uk/consumer-rights/problem/what-do-i-do-if-i-have-a-faulty-product/
http://www.adviceguide.org.uk/england/consumer_e/consumer_taking_action_e/consumer_making_a_complaint_e.htm

--
Henry
Communication not signed with an original manual signature or an appropriately