Re: [LUG] Email encryption, was Re: www.dcglug.org.uk

On Tue, Apr 30, 2013 at 12:35 PM, Henry Bremridge wrote:
> But the rest of the article is more interesting
>
> http://www.techrepublic.com/blog/european-technology/out-running-the-leopard-dodging-targeted-attacks-in-cyber-space/1577
>
> So presumably
> 1)  Simple solutions (keep the card in sight at all times, block SSH port
>     22) will prevent stupid attacks and reduce headaches with not much work

Yes. As an ordinary user, you only have to worry about outrunning the
other men. Taking basic security steps and not doing outright stupid
things are probably good enough, if not to prevent all kinds of theft,
then at least to make the bank compensate your losses.

On the other hand, if Gordon or his sister got robbed on the street in
Tenerife by an accomplice of someone who saw them withdraw the money,
I'm not sure if they would be compensated.

Martijn.