Re: [LUG] Building an iCloud

On Thu, 25 Apr 2013 19:03:30 +0100
bad apple <mr.meowski@xxxxxxxx> wrote:

Hello bad,

>You have perfectly described the exact process I go through with the
>vast majority of home users who come to me for help. I mean, pretty much
>to the letter.

Well, it's hardly a new story, is it?   ;-)

>It's most galling when they're return customers whom I've given
[snip]
>And of course they say they never got around to doing it...

I have to admit that I don't back up as often as I should.  Usually once
a week, rarely more(1).  I don't enforce a back up regimen on the wife
and kids either.  I ssh into the other computers to perform updates, so
I suppose I could also do their backing up too.  OTOH, the family are
far less likely to learn anything that way.

(1)  TBH, my data doesn't change that much anyway.  I do, however,
perform an immediate back up if I hear noises from the computer I've not
heard before.  By that I mean noises from within the case of the
computer, not sounds from the speakers.

--
 Regards  _
Life goes quick and it goes without warning