Re: [LUG] Building an iCloud

On Wed, 24 Apr 2013 20:24:04 +0100
bad apple <mr.meowski@xxxxxxxx> wrote:

Hello bad,

>This is the only thing you said that I disagree with I think, and that's
>because it's factually incorrect. Did you mean something else entirely?
>I'm referring of course to your "use of heavy crypto is no guarantee of
>security either" but I'm not going to labour the point because I'm

Yes, I see that that statement can be read in two ways.  It didn't occur
to me at the time.

The data itself may well be unreadable without the relevant
cryptographic key, but that very fact makes its existence on a company's
servers a potential risk to the company.  Companies get nervous if they
think there's a risk to them.  As a result, they may delete your
encrypted file(s).

In that second sense, your files are not secure:  That is, you upload
them, but when you go to retrieve them, they're not there.

--
 Regards  _
That's what I call you