[LUG] Building an iCloud

Hi All

I love the Apple iCloud environment and the ease of use etc. Principally the way address books, diaries, photos, etc sync across the cloud. I would like to see if I can set up a similar system that would allow me to migrate away from the iCloud system. I cannot afford Apple devices and have found I quite like Toshiba products.

That said, it would be great if the cloud system would allow all os's to sync including mobile devices.

Is this a tall order? Any ideas please?

Thanks

Rich