Re: [LUG] More Raspberry woes.

From: Paul Sutton <zleap@xxxxxxxxx>
To: list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Sent: Thursday, 21 March 2013, 10:52
Subject: Re: [LUG] More Raspberry woes.

> > ...also I have checked and I do have an 8mb SD card. When you suggested
> > using another machine to delete some files were you assuming that any
> > other machine I might have is a Linux one? Because all I have access
> to is
> > my wifes wwindows notebook. I havn't tried plugging the SD card into
> this
> > yet as I am afraid I might do something wrong. Can I in fact do this
> ? and
> > wil I be able to get any positive results ?

I can't comment on if this will work from windows.  However it seems
that others think it may or may not work.  but I think rob said you
would need the driver

So are you able to perhaps use a live cd or live flash disk ?

If you are still having issues are you able to make it to a future lug
meet ?  Exeter lug meets have access to a tv so you can plug a pi in to
that and we can get you up and running or at least try to.  Meeting
details are on the lug website.

Paul

...Thanks Paul but I just can't make it to Exeter. It's too far away for me. I'm thinking about prehaps buying an SD card from the Raspberry site with an image already written on it. I know it's a lazy way out but it's all I can seem to be able to do :(
Cheers, Jon.