Re: [LUG] New distro - and logging off

On 20/11/12 09:41, Simon Robert -Cottage wrote:

> with KDE when you hit the shutdown icon a dialog appears saying
> "shutting down in 55 seconds...", with the option to confirm and shut
> down instantly.

No I don't get that. With KDE I just get several choices including Shut
Down, just like Maya. When I choose Shut Down in Maya it usually takes
about a minute, when I choose it in KDE it shuts down in about 2 seconds
*every time*.

 Maybe xfce has some equivalent which doesn't get
> displayed or is sized wrong and/or under something else. You could try
> hitting return just in case there is something in focus somewhere you
> can't see it.

However, if you look at my other thread I now have a real problem with
Maya so I am planning to replace it with Xubuntu (which I should have
chosen in the first place no doubt. Learn by your mistakes).

I am now trying to work out the best way to keep KDE so that I can dual
boot with it, and replace Maya with Xubuntu.

Thanks

Neil