Re: [LUG] New distro - and logging off

On 17/11/12 19:12, Gordon Henderson wrote:

Try opening a terminal and
sudo shutdown -h now

and see how it goes.
Tom te tom te tom

Wow, that worked. The machine was logged out and switched off in about
2 seconds flat. Now I must think of the best way to short cut this so
I don't have to type all that out every time. (OK so I am lazy.)

sudo halt

is quicker.

But how long did it take you you pushed the power button?

Gordon

I am not quite sure what you mean by 'power button'. Do you mean the enter key?

I am also wondering, if the log off time drops from 55 seconds to about 2 seconds, then what ever the machine was doing during those extra 53 seconds is no longer happening. Could that be a problem?

Neil