Re: [LUG] New distro - and logging off

On 17/11/12 11:45, Neil Winchurst wrote:
Recently I replaced my old distro with Mint Maya Xfce. So far I have been very pleased. This is especially so re the speed, it is incredibly fast compared to any I have used before.

Except for one instance, logging off. When, at the desktop, I choose to shut down the computer it just sits there for about 55 seconds. (The first couple of times I thought something was wrong.) Then it suddenly shows a couple of lines of text and then closes down.

Since everything else is so fast I cannot understand why this should take so long. I am a bit baffled as to where to look. What can it be doing for all this time?

Any ideas please?

Thanks

Neil

Try opening a terminal and