Re: [LUG] New distro - and logging off

On 18/11/12 10:20, Gordon Henderson wrote:
On Sun, 18 Nov 2012, Neil Winchurst wrote:

I am not quite sure what you mean by 'power button'. Do you mean the
enter key?

No.

When you plug your PC in to the mains, nothing usually happens. To
switch it on you have to push a button. On some PCs this button looks
like a circle with a vertical line going through it. This is the power
button. Often called the on/off switch. It's not normally on your
keyboard, but is usually found on the front of the PC or as a separate
button on a laptop.

Gordon

OK, got it now. It is on the front of my computer tower. As you say when I switch on the power nothing happens until I press this button and then the login sequence starts.

When I log out at the end of the session the power is turned off for me, automatically. To start again I have to press the button again. Then the log on sequence will start again.

Neil