Re: [LUG] brother printer

On 17/03/12 13:08, Henry Bremridge wrote:
> On Fri, Mar 16, 2012 at 08:43:48PM +0000, Simon Waters wrote:
>>
>> i.e. lpd://192.168.0.5/printer-queue-name
>
> In the above example what should I call the printer-queue-name?

In the above example the name is dependent on the printer, the driver
should know the names to use, so you probably want to fix CUPS rather
than try and print around it.

Some printers present several different names, depending which features
you plan to use, such as tray or colour/black and white, rather odd
thing to do these days but it is how lpd worked way back....