Re: [LUG] brother printer

On 16/03/12 06:31, Simon Waters wrote:
> On 15/03/12 22:28, paul sutton wrote:
>> Device URI is :     lpd://BRN001BA956BDE6/BINARY_P1
>> printer status is : Processing - Unable to locate printer "BRN001BA956BDE6".
>>
>> on the printer BRN001BA956BDE6 is given under node name
> I would guess that it expects to find BRN001BA956BDE6 as a name during
> name resolution and didn't.
>
> Add to /etc/hosts perhaps?

ok looking at cat /etc/hosts i get

psutton@E-machine:~$ cat /etc/hosts
127.0.0.1    localhost
127.0.1.1    E-machine

::1     ip6-localhost ip6-loopback
fe00::0 ip6-localnet
ff00::0 ip6-mcastprefix
ff02::1 ip6-allnodes
ff02::2 ip6-allrouters

so i assume that i enter the ip address of the printer and in the 2nd
column put the

BRN001BA956BDE6

bit.

Just confused what the other numbers mean,  i understand the local host address
(loopback) what is the 127.0.1.1 referring to my local machine,  what is 127.0.1.1?,
as it seems to the same thing as 127.0.0.1 if i enter it in to a web browser my
website comes up (well the test version as I have apache running)

Paul

http://www.zleap.net
http://www.ubuntu.com

skype : psutton111