Re: [LUG] brother printer

On 15/03/12 21:15, Simon Waters wrote:
> On 15/03/12 17:16, paul sutton wrote:
>> It needs the following package
>>
>> brlpdwrappermfcj615w
> That is the cupsFilter entry in the PPD and is created by a script in
> the cupswrapper deb for this printer on the Brother website.
>
> In particular see:
>
> https://answers.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/cups/+question/145783
>
> The Deb file mentioned:
>
> http://www.brother.com/pub/bsc/linux/dlf/mfcj615wcupswrapper-1.1.1-1.i386.deb
>
> Contains a "cupswrappermfcj615w" script which creates this file from the
> CUPS wrapper and a here document (by inspection of the script).
>
> My guess is perhaps something is going wrong in the process, preventing
> it being created, quite possibly a version thing as Brother are in the
> "force" the dpkg install and hope school of thought, which is
> understandable but not necessarily too clever.
>
> Try following the comment at the end of the answers page, maybe using
> "script" to record the steps so we can look at it afterwards and say
> wise things like "don't start from here" :)
>
> Also unclear what platform you are installing to, and what you've tried.
>
>  Simon

OK that seems to have solved the initial problem,  so it now says the
printer is not connected

ok printer ip address is 192.168.1.10
subnet mask is 255.255.255.0

Device URI is :     lpd://BRN001BA956BDE6/BINARY_P1
printer status is : Processing - Unable to locate printer "BRN001BA956BDE6".

on the printer BRN001BA956BDE6 is given under node name

I am guessing the issue lies with the fact i have lpd in there,  I am
sure before i had something like ipp or something, as part of the uri

paul

http://www.zleap.net
http://www.ubuntu.com

skype : psutton111