Re: [LUG] MS refund was:Re: 20thC FLOSS accountancy

On Fri, 06 Jan 2012 13:49:06 +0000
tom <tompotts@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Hello tom,

> It seems to be that if I buy a laptop with windows on it I have to
> return it to get my money back - no legal problems just no windows
> refund and no laptop.

That's true, but if that make/model is the only one that ticks all your
boxes, it _ought_ to be possible to get a refund on the Windows license
alone.  The EULA allows for it, but persuading the involved parties to
do the right thing can be irksome, to say the least.

> Or pay more for one without windows than a similar one with windows
> would cost.

More?  As Dan suggests, it should be less.

--
 Regards  _
Stained glass windows keep the cold outside