Re: [LUG] Libreoffice document - cannot edit properly after being edited with MS word

issues
I cannot delete my orginal text
if I try and add text it appears green and underlined
Can anyone help please.  I am trying to use google but don't know what
to search for.
Paul

My assumptions;
Tutor opened in MS Word, started 'record and display changes' 'track changes'
This is often used to send a document back and forth with varous editors making sequential changes until all agree and then chnages accepted and made not visible.

LibreOffice and MS Office use different colour base for each sequential changed editor. This is useful for screen viewing but not if you use a black and white printer, hence the side bars as well. With some legal document exchanges the ability to switch off any changes is forbidden for 'audit/editor track' purposes. This is overcome by saving under a slightly different name  say 'doc_name rev 1.1" as pure text and then reopening in LO or OO.o or MS Word. I use all three word processors.
regards
Eion MacDonald)

I am using Libreoffice to type assignment for a course.  Having saved as