Re: [LUG] MS refund was:Re: 20thC FLOSS accountancy

On Thu, 05 Jan 2012 16:39:00 +0000
tom wrote:

> On 05/01/12 16:18, Dan Dart wrote:
> >> ye about 50p after two hundred years effort...
> > The "OEM price" is waaaaay more than that for W7.
> > I've heard reports that XP goes for Â6 - (not a typo :P) but I fail
> > to find this to buy alone.
> > I would reckon you could get about Â100 for W7 OEM - as I've seen
> > the difference between the same laptop with W7 home premium and
> > no-OS option on novatech
> > It came to about Â90.
> >
> Thats what novatech have to pay - other companies claim its really a
> lot less.
> ebuyer say I have to go to fujitsu for the refund fujitsu say ebuyer
> - and that's just the start!

I could be wrong in this, but since the transaction is between you and
eBuyer, then it would be eBuyer that you deal with.  Check the Sale of
Goods act, and have a rummage around on MoneySavingExpert - I've found
a tonne of good advice on there. :)

Grant.