Re: [LUG] VirtualBox version

On 21/11/11 13:51, Anthony Williams wrote:
> On 21/11/11 12:57, Neil Winchurst wrote:
>> Well, as a further reply. I have installed the guest additions and now
>> wish that I had never seen them. I have looked around Google but there
>> does not seem to be a simple way to remove them.
>
> On Windows guests, just got to the normal add/remove programs entry in
> Control panel (which is called "Programs and Features" in later
> versions) and uninstall "Oracle VM VirtualBox Guest Additions".
>
> On Linux guests, just run the uninstall script. It's usually somewhere
> like /opt/VBoxGuestAdditions-$(VBOXVERSION)/uninstall.sh
>
> Why do you wish you had not installed them? I find they make life ever
> so much easier.
>
> Anthony
Probably because I am not understanding them fully yet. See my other
email about this.

I had not realised that I could access a USB memory stick via the
additions, so did not need the filter system.

Anyway, as you will see from the other post, I have Xubuntu seemingly
working fine, but not Kubuntu yet.

Regards

Neil