Re: [LUG] VirtualBox version

Anthony Williams wrote:
On 21/11/11 08:53, Neil Winchurst wrote:
Regarding the guest additions, with my earlier version of VBox the
guest
additions were extra to the main install and I never did get them
installed. Now with this new version I have added the extension pack,
which you have told be is not the same thing. What I am asking is, does
the extension pack do everything that the guest additions do? Or should
I search for and add the guest additions on top of the extension pack?
Or am I missing something here, very possible?

The extension pack provides additional services from the host OS, such
as connecting USB devices to the VM. It is installed once on the host.

The guest additions are installed into each and every VM, and allow
the VM to integrate better --- e.g. resize the VM screen when the
window is resized, allow the mouse pointer to move seamlessly from
inside the VM window to outside, and allow shared folders between the
host and the VM.

Anthony
Well, as a further reply. I have installed the guest additions and now wish that I had never seen them. I have looked around Google but there does not seem to be a simple way to remove them.

I suppose that I will have to remove VBox completely and then start agian, is that the best way?

Thanks for any help

Neil