Re: [LUG] Ubuntu 11.10...again ?

On 25/10/11 17:43, Rob Beard wrote:
On 24/10/11 23:12, Peter M Le Mare wrote:
Further to my last email: Now my Libre Office documents keep printing
with a whole lot of dots instead of all the letters!!! Some words are
complete but more than half the words have dots instead of all the
letters e.g. "I sing of Ol. f gl.. . n. . ig" (poem of ee cummings)
instead of "I sing of Olaf glad and big". Help!

Is this a driver problem (cups?) for my HP Laser jet or is it the L
Office problem? How do I cure it? I have tried copy and pasting into a
new doc and saving again, changing the font and the formatting. No
change. It appears correctly on the page and in preview.

Life, love, peace and freedom

Pete (Le M)

I'd suggest try printing from something else, maybe save the document as a PDF and print that and see what happens, or try printing from another application, maybe a web page or something?

As you will see from a previous e-mail I have found in some settings that it is by default saying PDF but I I only have a PDF reader and cannot create and edit in that application. I don't think I have any other application that would do this and I have many old *.doc files which would have to be all converted: I also save in .doc so that I can send them to others as most people still stick to Microsoft. If only I can permanently change the Printer Language for all docs although that may mean it won't work with a inkjet unless I can just change it for each printer.
Life, love, peace and freedom

Pete (Le M)

Rob