Re: [LUG] OT: Chrome Books - opinions...?

On 14/05/11 18:19, tom wrote:

> representation that 90% (why always 90%?...) of the last 20 years of
> computing effort can be ignored and we can advance electronic
> communications to the level they were 20 years ago but some (rich)
> idiots thought they'd make a killing selling us a victorian solution to
> a problem they made themselves.

And even if you give up and email them a PDF document with your invoice
and bank account details with a request to be paid by bank transfer,
hoping merely to avoid the needless waste of paper and energy in moving
information and money around, they still send you a cheque by post to
the wrong payee, so three physical letters and a trip to the bank later.....

People are locked into old habits, it will take at least one generation....

 Simon