Re: [LUG] Wireless mouse

On 26/01/11 08:42, Neil Winchurst wrote:
On 25/01/11 17:13, Brad Rogers wrote:
On Tue, 25 Jan 2011 17:01:03 +0000
Neil Winchurst<barnaby@xxxxxxxxxx>  wrote:

Hello Neil,

Yes, I understand all that. What I meant was, for example, do they
need new batteries often? Do they work fully? Do they sometimes fail?

IME, batteries that won't run a (hand-held) GPS will happily run a
powered mouse for quite some time.

Here, I have a system for battery usage;  Camera ->  GPS ->  Mouse.

With that system, I (occasionally) have to throw batteries out because
they rupture before I get a chance to fully deplete them in the mouse.

That is useful to know, especially as I do have both a GPS and a digital camera.

Thanks

Neil

There does seem to be some conspiracy between manufactures and battery manufacturers. I have sever bits of junk that dont run well on rechargeables though there is no reason why they cant make them run on the lower voltages at no extra cost.
Tom te tom te tom